- Co-authored peer review publication in Review of Policy Research
- Graduate School University Fellowship
- OARDC FAES Environmental Graduate Research Fellowship
- Presented at Colorado State University’s environmental justice symposium (2017)
- Legal internship at the Office of the Ohio Public Defender in the Death Penalty and the Wrongful Conviction Project (2015-present)
Katie Brown (Honors Committee Advisor)
- Honors Committee Advisor
- Matriculating to medical school in August, 2018.
- Presented at Ohio State Fall Undergraduate Research Forum. September, 2018
- Recipient of NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Single authored published book review in journal Agriculture and Human Values
- Co-authored peer review publication in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health as well as book chapter and technical report
- Elected as department’s delegate on OSU’s Council of Graduate Students.
- Voting member on the Ohio State University Food Sustainability Panel and chosen to be Ohio delegate at the National Food System Resilience and Equity Workshop
Selected as Hispanic Congressional Caucus Fellow in Au 2017. Went to Washington DC during 2018 to work with Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL).
Co-authored 2 peer reviewed publications in Diabetes Care & International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, as well as book chapters
Single authored book chapter “Environmental (In)Justice in Latino Neighborhoods” In Oxford Handbook of Latino Studies
Paper selected for Graduate Workshop on Environmental Politics and Governance, 21 papers accepted (89 applicants).
Presented at Population Association of America Annual Meeting (2016), Dimensions of Political Ecology (2015), Association of American Geographers (2015), and Society for the Study of Social Problems (2015). American Sociological Association (2014)
Honorable Mention and Alternate, Ford Foundation Dissertation Award. Minority Fellowship, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development, Graduate Enrichment Fellowship, The Ohio State University. Research grant recipient ($3,000) from OSU Fisher College of Business, ($1,500) from Office of Diversity and Inclusion. Recipient of IPR Summer Dissertation Fellowship
Current position: Director of Data and Research at AMIkids, Inc. a national non-profit organization established in 1969.
Adjunct Faculty, Psychology, Capital University 2016-2017
Master Thesis - 2019 expected
- co-authored peer-review publication in the journal Review of Policy Research.
- Matriculating to law school in August, 2018.
- Presented at Ohio State Denman Undergraduate Research Forum, 2018